It’s launch week for Evolution’s Hand Book 2: Dying Breath! Is everything ready? Did I manage to hit any of my goals for Book 4: Blind Exodus? Or did Real Life Family Events (RLFEs) and Real Life Work Events (RLWEs) strike again? Let’s look at the numbers first!
Progress Report 2022 Week 48 By the Numbers
I had a few days off from work — and I used them to write!
I had a few days off work last week, and I used them to either pull double writing sessions (4 hours a day) or write on Friday, which I usually don’t do because of a lack of time. The result was that I hit 14,043 words for the week! Given that my target is 10,000, I can’t complain.
That’s even with one day where I only wrote 1,225 words. On that day, I realized I had to harmonize the timelines of some subterranean structures under Cleveland, Ohio. In doing so, I discovered something I didn’t know. But I can’t say what!Not without spoiling some surprises! Let’s just say I’m glad I put together the Evolution’s Hand World Compendium. It’s not only helping me keep everything straight, but it’s helping me add little details that I hope will delight my readers.
Progress Last Week
Here’s how I performed against my goals from last week:
Finalize the Paperback of Dying Breath at Amazon
I went through the proof copy and didn’t find any more errors (yet!). I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: I really like the cover that Jesh Art Studio delivered for Dying Breath. The ebook version is cool; the paperback is even more cool!
Finalize the Ebook of Dying Breath at Draft2Digital
I plan on taking care of that tonight. I probably should have done that yesterday, but I ran out of time with RLFEs taking most of Saturday and Sunday.
It still makes me laugh to see locations like “Sirius AB I, Haven One, Haven City” and “Ross 128 I-B, Lunar Base” alongside “Wooster, Ohio!”
Blind Exodus Progress
- Finish Owen Payne’s Pinch 2: Done!
- Finish Henry Duncan’s Pinch 2: Almost done. This turned out to be a lot more complicated than I anticipated, which is good, because I think the result is better than I originally envisioned. At least, I hope so!
- Start Dek Conrad’s Plot Turn 2: It’s started!
Goals for the Week in Progress Report 2022 Week 48
- Complete preparations for Dying Breath and launch the book
- Upload Dying Breath to Draft2Digital and make sure it’s ready for the December 1, 2022 launch.
- Confirm that the Amazon ebook goes live on December 1, 2022
- Update the books page on this site to reflect how to order the ebook or paperback
- Launch a BoobkBub Partners ad campaign
- Send out a special edition of my newsletter to announce the new book
- Publish a post on Crow’s World of Anime to announce the book
- Complete Conrad’s Plot Turn 2
- Complete Malhotra’s Plot Turn 2
- Start James Butler’s Plot Turn 2
What Do You Think?
Have you ever launched an ad campaign for a new release, only to find out that there was a glitch with its availability? How did you recover? I’d love to hear about your experience in the comments!